Templates Challenge. Explore the Real-World Metaverse
📣 Calling all AR Creators and Niantic Lightship Developers! We – your Lenslist team – together with our friends at Niantic Lightship welcome and encourage you to take part in our first ever joined Lenslist x Lightship Templates Challenge and get a chance to win up to $10,000! 🤩 ⚡️
Our theme 🗺 EXPLORE 🗺
is fully open to your interpretation!
Your project can showcase a memory from your travels or finding a new idea or concept as well asa friendly 3D trip companion or a treasure-hunt-like journey discovering a new AR-filled world! Show us your own vision of what it means to explore using Lightship ARDK! Our advice is: grab the templates and just go for it 😎 💪
Both Lightship’s tech and Niantic’s vision of the real-world metaverse encourage people to go outside, exercise and connect with others, so we hope you’ll explore these ideas in your AR experiences!
You can submit your AR experiences for the Lenslist x Lightship Templates Challenge from June 1st until July 14th meaning you’ve got a whole month to work on your Lightship project 📆 ⚡️
Go below to find out more about Prizes, Judging Criteria, Resources, Rules and FAQ 👇
In this challenge we’re awarding 16 Developers/Creators with 3 different types of prizes from $1,000 up to $10,000 each. Overall, the prize pool is worth $45,000! 💰 👇
Remember, you must leverage a template in your entry to be eligible, but feel free to build upon that template or even combine templates!
One (1) Grand Prize of $10,000 for the Best in Show AR Experience, showcasing all possibilities that Lightship brings to our augmented table! The Entrant & Entry selected as Best in Show will receive a $10,000 USD cash prize.
Five (5) Category Prizes of $5,000 each showing of Best Use of…
Blend your AR object into the real-world. Understand the world around you and mask AR objects with a variety of real-world segmentations – depth, meshing, semantic segmentation.
Lightship Visual Positioning System (VPS)
Create immersive AR experiences that use shared and/or persistent AR content in the real world that your users can find and interact with.
Place AR objects in the real-world and interact with them.
Create a Multi-Peer Session, allowing multiple users to enjoy one AR experience.
Leverage multiple templates to create one, cohesive Lightship AR experience.
As many as ten (10) Honorable Mentions of $1,000 – we know that not all of you have tried Lightship before and many are only dabbling in coding and Unity, but we’re still making sure everybody has a chance to win with us – give it a try! 💪 ✨
Judging Criteria ⚖️
Judges from both Lenslist and Niantic Lightship will take under consideration:
Craftsmanship and the execution of ARDK features in the demo
Creativity, use of theme and attractiveness of the demo
The quality/reliability of the software
- Download the Lightship ARDK and join the Lightship Discord;
- Explore the brand new Lightship ARDK Templates;
- If this is your first project in Lightship, make sure to follow the Basics guide that is part of the Getting Started with Lightship series;
- Follow Lightship’s Documentation, watch tutorials on their YouTube channel, explore Video Guides and go Lightship Forum to ask questions and become a part of the Lightship community!
- And as usual – hit up the Lenslist team at firstname.lastname@example.org, our Lenslist for Creators group or DM us on Instagram 💖
Terms & Conditions 📜
- Use Lightship as the foundation of your AR Experience submission.
- Only use work and assets to which you have the rights!
- Enter as many times as you want!
- Submit a zip file of your Lightship Unity project as well as a video demo of the AR experience!
- To take part in the Lenslist x Lightship Spring Challenge, use the form at the bottom of this page 👇