📞 Hello? Are you an AR Creator? We’re calling for…
Creators from all platforms and levels of experience! It’s Lens Fest time and on this special occasion, we are proud to announce that we have partnered with Snap Inc. to present you with an amazing opportunity. Together we decided to put forward a call for content and encourage you to test both your imagination and skills in creating AR experiences using Lens Studio.
To catch the eyes of Snap, Lens Studio & Lenslist, we dare you to….Change the LENScape! 👻🖼👇
Create, publish and submit an world-facing AR Lens inspired by your vision of innovation, change and progress – Changing the LENScape. Just as Lens Studio stands out with their newest features, we ask you to push the boundaries even further and try to use at least one of our favourite and some of the most advanced features:
To take part in this content call, you don’t have to use these features, but our goal here is to open up new horizons, so whatever this means for you – go for it!
This is not a competition, but an open call for content with a potential opportunity to be featured on Lenslist and a potential opportunity to be featured on the Snapchat Camera or Lens Explorer. After the Submission Period, on January 27th Lenslist will publish a special Lens Gallery with out favourites on top!
👋 Who Can Take Part?
🌎 This call for content is open globally (see exceptions)
🔞 You need to be at least 18 years old,
⛔️ Employees of Snap Inc. and Lenslist (both Lenslist and Lens That) and their immediate family are not eligible to participate,
✅ Both individual Creators and agencies/teams can participate.
🔑 How to Take Part?
1. Create & Publish your Lens
- First things first – Design your AR Lens in Lens Studio and then publish it on Snapchat. Download Lens Studio here 👇
- Keep in mind, your Lens should coincide with your vision of what does it mean to change the LENScape 🤖
- Your AR project can’t include references to any real people, dangerous situations, other brands, show or imply alcohol or drunkenness, or anything offensive ⛔️
- It has to be original! It means you can’t use any third-party pre-existing copyright materials and/or stock images in your project. You can still use royalty free assets, though. ©️
- If you have already created a Lens that fits our criteria, you can use it as a submission, provided it was developed for non-commercial use ♻️
- Keep in mind that in order for your submission to be valid, your Lens needs to be verified, accepted and published on Snapchat.
- Important note: Retain your original source files in the highest quality possible, as we might need them to make the final decision ⚠️
2. Submit your Lens
- Each Creator or Team can submit 10 Lenses max 🔝
- Each and every Lens should be submitted separately ❣️
- All the information we need from you is:
- your full name / team name,
- your valid email address,
- your Lens name and Lens link,
- Apart from that, all we need is a link to your preview video showing off your Lens in the best way possible – MP4 or MOV file up to 15 MB. You can upload the recording using e.g. Dropbox or WeTransfer
- In 24h you will get a confirmation email from our Lenslist Team, so that you can be sure your entry was valid and in accordance with our Guidelines 📨
- Go to the form at the bottom of this page and submit your AR vision of Changing the LENScape! 👇
📒 Learn & Explore Lens Studio
Lens Studio is a powerful application designed for artists and developers to build augmented reality experiences for hundreds of millions of Snapchatters. With a huge set of built-in features including custom shaders and advanced tracking technology, the possibilities are endless!
In case you haven’t used Lens Studio before or need a reminder, here are some links to key information on how to get started:
- Mandatories – Do’s and Don’ts, file sizes, dimensions and other basic information you need to consider before starting your Lens
- Guides – Please read through Snap’s guides before getting started
- Twitch Streams
- Creating a Preview
- Sharing your Lens
🖼 Changing the LENScape with Lens Studio
With 2D Full Body Tracking you can now create Lenses that move with your entire body. In technical terms, this means you’ll have the ability to track 18 joints and trigger effects based on those body movements – legs included! Learn how to implement this feature with: The Full Body Trigger Template & The Full Body Attachment Template
by Abbas Sajad
by Jye Trudinger
by Max van Leeuwen
by Robin Delaporte
SnapML allows you to add your own machine learning models to your Lenses, which means that you can extend the capabilities of Lens Studio to do more than what it comes with! Practically speaking, you might already be using machine learning in Lens Studio without realizing it if you’ve been using segmentation, skeletal tracking, and other features! Go to SnapML Overview to learn how to implement this feature.
The LiDAR scanner in the new iPhone 12 Pro lets Snapchat’s camera see a metric scale mesh of the scene, understanding the geometry and meaning of surfaces and objects. This new level of scene understanding allows Lenses to interact realistically with the surrounding world. Through a new interactive preview mode in Lens Studio 3.2, you can create Lenses and preview them in the world, even before you have the new iPhone 12 Pro in your hand. Check out the LiDAR Enabled Templates to learn how to implement this feature.
📜 Further Rules & Guidelines
is an interactive platform for Creators, Marketers & Technologists implementing social media AR in their activities. Our aim is to democratize Augmented Reality by spreading the word about possibilities, opportunities and current trends. We run the one and only AR filter depository updated daily!
is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. We contribute to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world and have fun together.